ABOUT LORAC Cosmetics
With a hairstylist father and a manicurist mother, it's safe to say that LORAC creator Carol Shaw was born into the beauty business. As a teenager, a makeover at a Beverly Hills salon (a graduation present from her aunt) changed not only her look, but her life as well. "I'll never forget how incredible that makeup artist made me feel, I looked and felt like a star!" says Shaw, who left that day realizing her destiny: To be a makeup artist.
Shaw got her start at a posh L.A. salon frequented by some of Hollywood's most famous faces. Eventually she moved to fashion, working with world famous photographers and models, while racking up a slew of magazine cover credits. Her celebrity clientele grew so devoted, Shaw has been known to book-up a year in advance for the Academy Awards.
Through the years, Shaw noticed that most of her clients had the same major grievances about skincare and makeup as she did. They complained that too many products irritated their skin, looked and felt artificial, and simply didn't last. So Shaw set out to develop a line of products that met these standards, using the purest and mildest ingredients possible. Three years later, LORAC (which is Carol spelled backwards) was born. The line launched with 10 shades of oil and fragrance-free foundations, and is the perfect example of the natural, effective and easy-to-use products that LORAC would become famous for.
Over the next five years LORAC branched out, developing skin-perfecting powders, luminizing lotions, and the gorgeous seasonal color collections designed from the looks that Carol created on her celebrity clients walking down the Red Carpet- these would soon become a signature of the brand!
As a brand that puts care before color, but sacrifices neither, LORAC's treatment-based makeup is truly unique. From the plant extracts, emollients, skin rejuvenators, and conditioners they pack in their products, to the stuff left out (oil, fragrance, and other harsh ingredients), every LORAC product fulfills Shaw's dream to design makeup that makes you look gorgeous like the stars do—without appearing as if you're wearing much at all.
With skin savvy formulations that look as good on your face as they do in their packaging, products like the cult-favorite PRO Palettes to the easy-to-use PRO Contour Palette and PRO Contour Brush to the POREfection Complexion System, it's no wonder that LORAC has been a Hollywood favorite for over 20 years. Whether you're walking down the Red Carpet or walking the dog, LORAC makes you look and feel like a star.
UNDERSTANDING THE LORAC BRAND
WHAT IS LORAC?
- LORAC is the Red Carpet Authority.
- Unparalleled access to the celebrity world and lifestyle.
- Plugged into the latest trends in Hollywood. LORAC offers the same products that are used on celebrities today.
- Inspired by the styles we see taking shape around us - styles we see walking down the Red Carpet
- Innovative, fun and unique products. LORAC’s prestige products are created and designed by a famous celebrity makeup artist.
- Carol Shaw is the premier makeup artist to the stars.
- LORAC = Carol spelled backwards.
WHAT MAKES LORAC DIFFERENT?
- LORAC is the only color cosmetics brand that can credibly claim and defend its position as a “Red Carpet Authority."
- A focus on RED CARPET looks and a fresh, gorgeous style (rather than New York catwalks and haute couture fashion)
- LORAC creates a wide array of options for women who crave sophisticated innovation.
- We focus on trends, not fads.
HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE LORAC?